Who says good nutrition and clean eating is dull? Food is essential to life so why wouldn’t you make it good food?
Here I’ll be sharing some of my favourite food ideas and tips on good nutrition.
Top 10 foods always on my shopping list
- Eggs: Contain the highest complete form of protein in any food.
- Spinach: An excellent source of iron and full of vitamin B to fuel metabolism and cell protecting antioxidants.
- Blueberries: High levels of free radical beating antioxidants. Free radicals are thought to travel around your body damaging cells, causing disease, and triggering signs of premature aging.
- Sweet Potato: High in carbohydrates and loaded with vitamin A and vitamin C.
- Bananas: Composed mostly of sugars (glucose, fructose and sucrose) and fiber, bananas are a fool proof energy food.
- Avocado: Packed with monounsaturated fat (the good fats) that your body needs to rebuild itself and regulates cholesterol.
- Quinoa: Fibre-rich, has healthy fats, and is a complete protein.
- Lemons: Are alkaline-forming in the body making them great for balancing a highly acidic condition in the body and restoring balance to the body’s pH. Antibacterial and rich in Vitamin C.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts such as almonds are packed with protein, manganese, copper and riboflavin. Seeds like pumpkin seeds are good sources of alpha-linolenic acid, a plant form of omega-3 fatty acids that can help fight inflammation.
- Coconut oil and coconut milk: Coconuts are highly nutritious and rich in fibre. They contain significant amounts of fat mostly in the form of medium chain saturated fatty acids which are converted in the body into a highly beneficial compound known for their antiviral and antibacterial properties.
Check out my latest food ideas on my Instagram page by clicking here.